Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Senator Ray Musto To Retire


Ray Musto Citizen's Voice Photo

In a surprise move Senator Ray Musto is retiring from the Senate after 40 years of service to his constituents in the 14th Senate district according to the Times Leader. His term expires in 2010.

You can read more from Senator Musto's press release by clicking here.

"For many years, my wife and family have had to endure long periods when I've been away from home in Harrisburg and they did so without complaint," Musto said.

The veteran lawmaker served in the state House from 1971 to 1980. He began his career when he was elected in a special election in 1971 to fill his late father James Musto's unexpired term. Musto was then elected to Congress in a special election in 1980. In 1982, he was elected to the state Senate. Musto has the distinction of being among only a few public servants to serve in the U.S.Congress, the state House and state Senate.

"My father was an inspiration to me and still is to this day," Musto said. "He taught me the value of hard work, good friends and that in public service you don't have to dislike others because you disagree with them."

"It is my hope that the result of my long years of service is that the northeast and all Pennsylvania will be a better place to live, work and raise a family," Musto said. "I could not have served as long as I have without the support of a loving family, a dedicated and professional staff both in Harrisburg and the district as well as colleagues who listened and appreciated my efforts."

No comments: