Sunday, September 28, 2008

Kanjorski's corruption comes from letting power, respect, and seniority go to one’s head.

Posts from around the net.

“I go with the people that brung me, and Charlie’s a friend of mine, and Charlie’s done nothing wrong, and I’m not going to embarrass Charlie in any way for having been a good friend,” Mr. Kanjorski said in an interview.

Rangel's position-"I personally feel that I've done nothing morally wrong," Rep. Charles Rangel, a Democrat who has represented New York City's Harlem district for 38 years, said at a news conference.

On Cornerstone- Kanjorski, a lawyer and former Nanticoke city solicitor, said he's answered all the questions raised about his relationship to Cornerstone and done everything he can to show he's done nothing improper."I am so certain that this was all done with absolute propriety and that I have done nothing wrong," Kanjorski said.

"I'll tell you my impression. We really in this last election, when I say we...the Democrats, I think pushed it as far as we can to the end of the fleet, didn't say it, but we implied it. That if we won the Congressional elections, we could stop the war. Now anybody was a good student of Government would know that wasn't true. But you know, the temptation to want to win back the Congress, we sort of stretched the facts...and people ate it up."

Paul Kanjorski is trying to do the same in this financial crisis. He wants the public to believe he is working hard towards an equitable resolution. In reality he is working hard to make it look like his efforts lead to a solution while he was attending Charlie Rangel's $5,000.00 per plate fundraiser.

No comments: