Thursday, September 18, 2008

Failure To Communicate- A Kanjorski Trait

During a WVIA interview in January 2008 moderator Bill Kelly asked Paul Kanjorski if he would commit to a debate in the fall of 2008. Paul replied "Did you say 180 debates?" When pressed he agreed to participate in that debate.

Lou Barletta challenged Paul Kanjorski to eleven debates, one on each issue. Paul Kanjorski has refused that request. He is refusing to discuss the issues just as he refused to discuss energy on August 1st. The scheduled congressional break was August 10th. But on August 1st Paul Kanjorski and Nancy Pelosi voted to and actually turned out the lights and shut off the micrphones of Congress then walked away.

Today Joe biden ripped into Sarah Palin charging that she refuses to face the media. He is qouted on the Political Radar Blog of ABC news http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2008/09/biden-rips-mc-1.html .

"I’ve done a lot of press, I’ve done, I don’t know, I was told I did 68, 70 press conferences, and the person says, "What do you think about Sarah Palin?" I said, “When she does three, I’ll let you know." I don’t know! I don’t have any idea! I don’t know! I don’t know!" Biden said as the crowd rose to their feet.

"You know, I mean, look, and it’s not, look guys, it’s not just Sarah Palin," he continued. "When’s the last time John, when’s the last time John’s had a press conference? I’m serious.”

Biden then turned to Ohio Gov. Ted Strickland, who introduced him.

"Ted, you and I know, when an elected official stops having press conferences, it ain’t because he’s found a way to communicate," Biden said. "It’s because he doesn’t want to communicate. Look folks, I mean, I, I, it’s just, if I sound angry it’s because I am angry. I mean, it’s like I don’t get it, I don’t get it!”

So the question goes out to Paul Kanjorski - "Do you know how to communicate?" "Is Paul Kanjorski afraid to face the media?"

Why is Paul Kanjorski afraid to debate Lou Barletta? Is he afraid he will have to explain how he has come to amass $6 million in assets as defined in his finance records while earning a Congressman's salary?

Time and again Paul states he will run on his record. Does that record include the debacle of $10 million from Cornerstone Technoligies? Does that record include taking $234,000.00 from the National Association of Realtors? Lou Barletta should make the claim that Paul Kanjorski is the candidate of Big Business with that type of infusion into Kanjorski's campaign.

No comments: