Monday, April 6, 2009

Arlen Specter- Don't Live In A Glass House

Specter takes campaign money from firms he bailed out. Not only did he take money he accused Toomey, his 2004 opponent, of supporting deregulation in 1999. (It is rumored, well more than a rumor that Toomey will oppose him in 2010.)

From Philly.com on March 23, 2009:

"I see the front page headline in The Philadelphia Inquirer that he's going to run against me because of my single vote on the stimulus package," said Specter. "Well, I've voted 10,000 times, I don't expect people to agree with me on every vote."

"And when it comes to votes, my 2004 opponent has a lot of explaining to do himself," he said. "He was on Wall Street with these derivates and credit swaps, and helped to create the problem. Then he went to the Congress and voted for deregulation.


Even in this article he states he is going to highlight Toomey's vote on deregulation.

Uhhh...Arlen...do you remeber how you voted on deregulation? Let me remind you from the U.S. Senate site. Specter (R-PA), Yea Right now Jeff Foxworthy be sayin "Here's your sign."

No comments: