Thursday, September 10, 2009

More Distortions From AARP


While watching the Steelers vs. Tennessee I watched a commercial by AARP. There was a line in it that stated "it will eliminate billions of dollars in waste by lowering drug prices." AARP I want to dispell your myth. Look at this report from the Kaiser Family Foundation dated November 2008.

Medicare Part D premiums for seniors have climbed an average of 43.8%( $25.93 vs. $37.29) since only 2006. AARP plans have increased between 41% and 99%.. I thought Obama was against special interest groups and lobbyists. I guess not when it comes to promoting mistruths.

AARP MedicareRx Preferred 2,745,26616.6% $26.31 $32.07 $37.03 16% 41%

AARP MedicareRx Saver 829,5855.0% $14.43** $26.57 $28.69 8% 99%

Overall, from 2006 to 2009, about half of those PDP enrollees who have not switched plans since first enrolling in 2006 will end up facing a premium increase of at least 50 percent across the four-year period.

Obama, you are going to keep a $900 billion dollar cost to your program. Prove it. I just proved the government can't control costs. Four years a 50% increase. Hold your head in shame.

BTW, if you read the Exhibit 4 on that report Humana Standard increased by 329% in four years. Seniors, buyer beware.

Look at Community CCRX Basic on that chart. It actually decreased premiums over 4 years by 3%. Want to know why? CCRX was started by pharmacists, not insurance companies. Obama, are you listening? Why are the professionals left out of the central plan to take care of America? Is it because you really aren't committed to eliminating lobbyists dollars from reaching your cronies like Kanjorski???

Seniors, what has been the average increase in our Social Security check since 2006?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am curious to the editing you did from the first post on this sentence you wrote.

"Want to know why? CCRX was started by pharmacists, not insurance companies."

when you first wrote it, you had "started by us pharmacists" am i to take it you are a pharmacist?
or are you a lobbyist for them?

McGruff said...

You are fabricating things. Do you have access to my blog posts before I post them? I never ever typed "us pharmacists." Obviously you are on a fishing expedition and I have no time for it. I provided you with the links for the sources of my information. "Us" was not among them.

The point I was making is that I believe in private enterprise. According to the Kaiser Family paper CCRX did one heck of a job on its lack of premium increases. When you look at the history of CCRX it appears it was started by a national organization representing pharmacists. In the present healthcare discussion government believes it can do a better job. I highlighted information to suggest otherwise.

I write about Powell and Zappala. Am I a lobbyist for them too?? Pissing myself laughing at your ridiculous question.